Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trust (A poem)

"God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you." 1 Peter 5:7 (The Message)

When all the cares of this measly life abound
When the answer to where I'll go and what I'll do cannot be found
When certainly all around my life breeds confusion
And there seems to be no resolution
I will trust in you

I cannot handle uncertainty, it causes me to doubt
I cannot handle anxiety, for it seems to leave no way out
I cannot live this life on my own, left to handle life's greatest disasters
Thinking for one moment that I have all the answers
No! I cannot continue to think it's all about what I need to know
For all of You and none of me, surely that's the way to go

Lord, lead me through the valley of the shadow of life's difficulties
And when it seems like I am taking over, may I fall down to my knees
For if I trust You to work things out
In the end, You will take care ALL of the things concerning me
And lay waste to all the things I was worried about

No comments:

Post a Comment