Friday, January 20, 2012

Protection

Keep me safe, O God, I’ve run for dear life to you. I say to God, “Be my Lord!” Without you, nothing makes sense. Psalm 16:1-2 (The Message)

    Life can get really messy sometimes, and it seems like the more we try to solve our own problems the worse things get for us. I know this seems like the same song and dance for many of us (certainly me) but what we often fail to realize is that striving is not our job. Our job is to run for dear life… Into the arms of the ultimate problem solver.

     Psalm 3 sums up our toil best. “Lord, How they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God.” (v.1-2) Sounds familiar doesn’t it? Bills stacked up to the ceiling, family and friends doing their best to try our patience, the medics seem to give a diagnosis that is making your world crash. But wait! There is the eye of the storm v.3 “But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head.” What amazing peace and comfort God will bring if only you ran for dear life to Him. Seek Him for I assure you that He will be found by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment