Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Unbelievable Grace

"I will fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to sinners), that I may receive mercy [for my failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when I need it]." Hebrews 4:16 (Amplified)

     Each time I think of the grace of God I become so humbled and awe-inspired, because the grace of God is something that is truly unbelievable. How can I be as sinful and wretched as I am, and God sees unblemished righteousness? Unbelievable indeed.

     The best aspect of God's grace is the fact that grace grants us mercy to recieve God's help. In my own human condition, I am likely to afford people help if they have done something right in my sight. Not God. He affords us His unbounding generosity and aid especially in our most difficult times not because of what we have done, but because of His love. How truly magnificent is that? Regardless of what you have done, or will do, His grace is sufficient to cover all our shortcomings and grant us access to the Father whenever we need Him. Yeah... unbelievable is the word, I'd use, but I'm so glad that its true.

No comments:

Post a Comment