Monday, September 12, 2011

Abundant Blessings

"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings." Psalm 23:4-5 (NLT)

        This passage of scripture totally captures what God will do for us when we totally rely on Him in the midst of our challenges. Earlier in this passage, the Psalmist demonstrates his trust in God through the valley of the shadow of death, citing that he would not be afraid for He is comforted by the fact that God is with him and would provide comfort and security for Him.
   
        God's response to His trust is typical. He showers Him with favor and blessings in the presence of his enemies. It's curious to note that the enemies even observe God preparing a hearty feast for him. In other words, God is serving him provisions in order to demonstrate to the enemies His supernatural power to provide and overcome.

         Friends, I don't know about you but when I read this particular passage of scripture it emboldens me. It causes me to see how God thinks towards us, and how we ought to react when we face trials. Never should we address the trial on our own (with our own strength), but we must fully rely on Him to provide us comfort and security. When we fully devote our trust to him in this fashion then abundant blessings will rain down upon us. This is a tried and true principal that will never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment