Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Enjoying Life

"Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom." Psalm 90:12 (NLT)


       My grandmother died a year ago yesterday... and this event caused me to reflect about life in general. The question came to my mind... "If I died today would I be pleased with the time God gave me in this life? Did I do everything that I could to be a witness and an example of Christ to others?"


       Death should make you reflect on such things not to be cryptic, but to reflect, taking an inventory on the direction of your life. My grandmother was very generous, and very spiritual. She loved God and she loved people, and I want the same to be said of me when I die. 


      David in this Psalm shows us that the most important thing in life is redeeming the time because if you don't then what was is all about? Understanding the brevity of life will have us love better and reach more people, and that is how you grow in wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment