Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Protection

  
"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.(A) For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:4-5
       I Remember when I was little I was scared of that dark. You know what I did when I was scared? I hid. Mostly underneath the covers as I think of it now. People used to ask why did I do this? Simple. I felt safety undercover. Much like today we feel safe in our home or in our church because those buildings provide literal coverings.
        David saw God as that type of covering. Whenever the giant slayer felt afraid all he needed to do was to think about the wonderful attributes of God, it was then he'd recognize that whatever troubles may come in life God always provided the covering he needed and elevated him to a position of safety. As I am growing older I'm understanding this concept more and more. God is so interested in us trusting Him for protection, but we need to have the faith that as our little covers provided us safety from the dark so to will our God provide us safety from all our troubles. Try it, there is a bible full of examples to back this theory up.

No comments:

Post a Comment