Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Power

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Tim 1:7 (NLT)

     I was going through my journal written in 2006 where I was detailing my experiences in Colombia when I went to war. What I noticed immediately was how fearful I was at the beginning. (Its funny but I guess I suppressed those feelings becuase I never remembered being fearful) However, each time I felt that fear rise up within I prayed and God turned that fear into determination (power).

    I was conditioned to translate that fear into power because that spirit of fear was not from God, and the spirit of power WAS from Him. This served as a key life lesson for me at a critical point in my life. It served as a catalyst in helping me reach for higher heights and do something I never thought was possible. Isn't that like God? To give us responsibilities that we never thought we could achieve so much so that we are fearful of even trying it and just when we feel like we can't His power says we CAN! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment