Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. John 15:12-14 (NIV)

I'm totally amazed at the simplicity of the gospel. Why anyone would complicate it beyond this syntax is beyond me. Jesus in simple plain language told His diciples, "show love to each others in the same way I have shown you love" (paraphrase mine). What example of love did Jesus show? He paid the ultimate price...His life.

I've seen and read about my share of men and women who show this love to the world daily. The valiant and courageous men and women who willingly fight and die to preserve our freedom. Why do they do this? Because they love... they love our right to be free. Simply put, they love their friends (you and me).

Jesus expects this same devotion of love from us. Perhaps His will for you and I in showing our love for others may not require our death and perhaps it does. Think about this... Are we willing to show our friends in this world that we can love them the same way Christ loved us?

No comments:

Post a Comment