Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Word

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11

       The word of God is essential in providing proper illumination for our daily walk. A key element of living in the word of God is that we learn how to avoid sin. We were born into sin through the fall of man, so we are constantly striving against our own sinful nature. But thank God we have a way to fight sin. Constantly focusing on the word of God allows us to not only understand who God is but also see what His desires are for His children. 


       Equally as important, we're able to use the word to encourage and help other people. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16)

        I know in my own life the word of God has served as a catalyst in the most difficult circumstances. It has served as a crutch when I didn't feel like walking. A compass when I felt lost in this world. It humored me when I felt down and depressed, and showed me love when I didn't even want to love myself. God gave us His word so that we would live free. Why don't we take advantage of letting it be a vital aspect of our daily life? He's looking to reach us... through His word. Let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment