Monday, July 16, 2012

The Stable Force

"He who dwells in the secret place in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]" Psalm 91:1 (AMP)

    When I was going through school I loved "if/then" statements. Conditional statements for me brought about a finality to a problem. "If you do your chores, then you will get an allowance," My mother used to say. "If you do well in school, then you're going to get a scholarship..." the education system tells us.

     The Psalmist here is taking a similar approach. He's telling us, "if you remain stable in the presence of God, then no enemy can overcome you." For me this verse motivates me to find the secret place of the Most High so that I could always remain powerful in His shadow. Sure the enemy may come against you, but if you remain stable, He can't do anything to you. To me that is power on display for all to take notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment