Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Outward Focus

"Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people..." 1 Corinthians 9:19 (The Message)
 
       Paul had the right idea and outlook when it came to others. He spent the majority of his Christian walk seeking every opportunity to serve others. He wholly adopted the mantra of Christ when Jesus commanded us to "love others as He had loved us." The best part of all this is that Paul didn't do this grudgingly, but was willing to pour himself out to others making himself an empty vessel by the time His life was over. 
 
       Why? The answer is simple as he continues to write, "I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it!" (v.20-23) Paul realized how powerful the gospel was to his own life and did all he could to make that same message available to others. 
 
        I believe what attracts others to us as Christians is our hearts for others, more importantly our heart for those who cannot help themselves. God desires nothing more than for us to reach them with whatever He makes available to us. I encourage you all to seek an opportunity this week to reach someone who falls into this category. Shine the light that Christ has asked us to shine, and do not be encumbered by your own world. Reach others and I know that God will bless you with the satisfaction of a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment