Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Same

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

        If we keep focusing on the problems ahead we'd have a tendency to feel down about things. But if we pause for a moment pray and give thanks our perspective changes. The other day I began to pray and the first thing I subconsciously said was, "Thank you God because you never change." Then it dawned on me... "God never changes." Just because I have problems He's still Jehovah-Jireh (God who provides), and just because I may be sick He's still Jehovah-Rapha (God who heals).I became overwhelmed by sudden thoughts of His grace and mercy and how they are always available.


       We as people grow old and change. Our relationships change through the times. Our character develops through time. As much as we'd like or hate to admit it, within the next few years we will be a lot different than we are today. But thank God that He will never change. His love towards us will never grow weak. He will never leave us, nor forsake us. How do I know all this? He's promised it to us, so I know that if I can take anything to the bank its His promises. 

          Stop and think for a moment, try to find a problem He hasn't already solved. Just because we are still going through it doesn't mean that the problem isn't already solved. Think about this... The enemy has already been defeated his fate has been sealed and he's going to the eternal lake of fire (Revelation 20:10). The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because the perfect time for its resolution has not come, but there has already been a response. The answer to whatever you're going through is exactly the same. God has already solved it and has added a blessing to you on top of it. All we need to do is remind ourselves that God will never change, and keep believing. "Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?” (John 11:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment