Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just Ask

"I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that My Father will grant you whatever you ask in My name." John 16:23 (AMP)

      The simplicity of the Gospel and the message of Jesus are sometimes astounding. There I was sitting in my bed ruminating about the problems of life when suddenly I feel prompted to seek God for answers (He know's every answer to every problem). When I open to this passage I begin to think, "WOW.. it's that simple isn't it?"

       I began to pray and just ask God to remove the obstacles in life I was facing, all of a sudden faith started rising up within me as I began to understand in my head and my heart that this was the will of God according to HIS WORD. I became encouraged and started Thanking God for answering my prayer because there was a sensation that overtook me in which I felt it was already done. What an amazing experience!

       The lesson I learned over and above anything else is that our approach to God with anything in our lives should be just as simple as us just asking. If we take the first step of asking, then we in some small measure already believe in His ability to get it done. I know some people like complicating it more than that but if Jesus tells us that this is the way to answered prayer its worth our attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment