Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In Him

"We live and move in him, can't get away from Him! One of the poets said it well: We're the God created." Acts 17:28 (MSG)

     I love the inescapable fact that God will do everything He can to make sure we never escape Him. Consider how in the garden even after Adam and Eve fell. He continued to seek them out because His desire for relationship with them was never quenched (see Gen 3).

    This blows my mind because what am I that He would want to spend so much time with me. I'm frail, and make several mistakes, and yet He never wants to get away from me. That's totally unlike us isn't it?

     The first time someone hurt us, we immediately want them to feel the consequences of that hurt and if it happens repeatedly then we will altogether remove ourselves from them. God does not do that. He holds out hope that one day we'll return to Him. He never turns His back on us, in His mind we are His creation and why would any creator want to turn his back on his creation? How comforting it is to know this.

No comments:

Post a Comment