Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Comfort

"As a mother comforts her child, so I'll comfort you. You will be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13 (The Message)

    What I love most about our God is that He is a present God. It doesn't matter how many people in our lives wittingly or unwittingly leave us, He's always there. What's best about it all is the comfort and security His presence provides.

      I remember being afraid of the dark when I was young, I remember looking for at least a little ray of light when going through those dark places, and the moment I found the glimmer of light I felt better. I liken the presence of God as that ray of light. The best thing about this light is that it will never leave us, nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6). That is the most comforting of notions.

No comments:

Post a Comment