Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perfection Through Weakness



"Jesus said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

     Why is it when trials or adversities come I cower in to a bundle of fear and anxiety? Why is it that I don't see those instances as opportunities to succeed rather than moments to fail? Why is it that my eyes cannot grasp the faith of Paul who says, " I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil 4:13) Why O Why, O Why? My needs are always met. He's never early, never late, but ALWAYS on time... So then why do I struggle with my belief system when the measure of difficulty is raised higher and higher? All these questions one simple answer... I can't see Him.

      "What! you can't see Him?" People may ask. Yeah I can't see Him, or perhaps I choose not to see Him. I'm choosing to focus on my circumstance instead of the answer to my circumstance. If I choose to see Him, I willfully choose to understand that my circumstance is His, and that He is more than capable of handling it. The reason why we are afraid to see Him is because we are inherently afraid to be weak.

         In this world we are conditioned to look out for ourselves and handle our situations on our own. God is desiring to "open His hands and satisfy the desire of EVERY living thing." (Psalm 145:16) It takes an act of the will to be weak. To give up fighting for yourself, and embrace the care of a loving God. It takes a tremendous amount of courage and determination to be weak because you operate solely in the realm of faith. But is it worth it? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment