Monday, December 12, 2011

Rest

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]" Matthew 11:28 (AMP)


    I learned a valuable lesson yesterday that made me realize that we in life seek after rest but rarely find it. We take vacations, breaks, and do things that take our minds off of our normal circumstances in life, but rarely do we really get rest while we engage in these activities. The question that came to my mind was why?

   
     Then as easily as I thought about that question this simple answer came to me. "We base our rest on something we can create for ourselves instead of something that we recieve." Jesus' invitation to us is to simply come. There was no sort of condition placed on His invitation, simply a call to come. A welcome change for those who were hard pressed trying to figure things out on their own.

    
        This same Jesus who was well acquainted with our sorrow and our grief (Isaiah 53:3), says to us "If you come to me with all those burdens I'll grant you the rest and tranquility that your heart deeply desires." You don't have to struggle with the answers to life's most difficult questions because He's promised to take care of you. The question is then why don't we take Him up on this offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment