Friday, December 30, 2011

Come and Rest

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]" Matthew 11:28 (AMP)

      This is my last entry for the year, and as I reflect on the year I see the amazing obstacles overcome as the hand of God has been so evident in my life. However, if there was one thing I wish I would have done more of is.... rest. I spent way too much time striving, and not enough time heeding the invitation by God to come and rest.

      If you think about it, rest is important to God. He rested on the 7th day after undertaking His vast creation project. Jesus continually retreated to places after preaching so that He could pray and rest. Rest is essential for our wholeness and well-being, and Jesus is inviting us to lay down every obstacle at His feet so that He could give us rest. So if there is one thing you I encourage you to do more of in 2012 is...don't strive with thinking about your problems, worries, or concerns. In the end He'll take care of you, the only work you need to do is come to Jesus and find your rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment