Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stand For Others


"Then I prostrated myself before God, just as I had at the beginning of the forty days and nights. I ate no food; I drank no water. I did this because of you, all your sins, sinning against God, doing what is evil in God's eyes and making him angry. I was terrified of God's furious anger, his blazing anger. I was sure he would destroy you. But once again God listened to me." Deuteronomy 9:18-19 (The Message)

          God is always searching for men and women who would stand in the gap (Ezekiel 22:30). People who would lay aside their own personal gain for the greater good of the body. Moses was such a man. He fervently sought the mercy of God and went for days and week without eating only that God would have pity on his people and God did.

           Is there not a cause for us to stand in the gap today? Our nation is going through a rapid moral decay. Our church is becoming less and less influential in its purpose, and is being persecuted daily for what it stands for. Now more than ever we need more than one man to stand in the gap. We need a community, we need a society, we need a generation. There will be a time of great revival upon the land and that time may be fast approaching. We need to do our very best to be ready and pray and fast that our nation, our church will once again turn to God... only then will we possess the promise God has given to us. I will stand in the gap... will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment