Monday, May 14, 2012

The Resolute

"They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly." Psalm 112:7-8

     When I think about a resolute person I think of someone who has their mind made up. They believe something and no situation, or circumstance would ever change them. In this passage, I believe the psalmist is relating the person who's confidence in God has a resolute character. No turbulence in life could change their faith in God.

        I want to be a man of resolute conviction. I don't want my emotions or feelings to be tossed aside and changed based on how my circumstances have changed. I know what God has done for me and for many others in my life, and there is no question that in the end I will always end up on top, because God is FOR me. Just has He is FOR everyone else. So for me there is absolutely no reason not to be resolute in HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment