Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thank God!

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT)

         At the end of the day what matters most in life is us taking a moment to appreciate what God has done for us. Many of us begrudge this fact by saying, "well my life isn't what it's supposed to be, and things around me aren't all that great." My answer to you is...perhaps that's true, but is that a result of what God has done? Or what you have done yourself?

          I've grown to find that at least in my life when things go wrong, I had a lot to do with it. Conversely, when things start breaking my way, curiously I had nothing to do with it. I maintain that typically the cause of my demise is... well... Me. I guess that's what compels me to write. Not because I want people to read about me for me, but instead serve as a warning for what not to do when all you want to do in your life is work out your own problems and issues.

            This passage of scripture matters in life because it sums up the purpose of why we live. It gives us perspective that in this world there IS a greater power at work within us, doing things we can't even come close to doing on our own merit if we allow it.

            I stand in awe of the greatness of God because he took a guy like me and placed me in places I never dreamed I would have been. The world needs to know this because this is actually a person giving credit to someone other than themselves, which was supposed to be the point all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment