Friday, July 26, 2013

Strength in Waiting

"You are my strength; I wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress." Psalm 59:9

        I know it's oftentimes difficult to associate strength with inactivity but with God that is precisely the case. In fact, the more inactive you are as you wait for Him the stronger you become. Completely oxymoronic I know.

        You can ask King Saul what waiting a little while would have done for his kingdom, or even the 5 virgins who decided to cavort and have fun instead of being ready waiting for the bridegroom. Each of these examples at one point or another reasoned to themselves that waiting wasn't worth it.

        I'm a firm believer that if you don't know what to do, do nothing. I know this to be a sound method of activity because if I do something when there was uncertainty there is a 50% chance I made the wrong decision. However, if I wait for God to rescue me my chances of success are realized without any measure of doubt. 

        David, the man whom inherited the throne after Saul's failure knew this and as a result saw the grace of God manifest itself in his life in unprecedented ways. I wonder what following his example would do for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment