Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Gentle Tongue

"A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit." Proverbs 15:4 (ESV)


      We live in a society of opinions today. Lots of people have lots of things to say, and rarely the things they have to say bring edification to others. It's quite sad if you really think about it. Yet, there are those rare people who always have something nice to say and are a pleasure to be around. Got me to thinking... which person am I?

       I love how the bible says that a gentle tongue is a tree of life. Back in the day, when God first created the world he created two trees for Adam and Eve and one of them was a tree of life (they could have eaten of that tree, by the way) yet, Adam and Eve chose the tree of knowledge of good and evil instead of the tree of life. I think it's curious how sometimes we too prefer knowledge over life, just an observation I guess.

        My challenge is and always has been to be the man that God wants me to be, and I'm realizing more and more that in order to be like this I have to chose to speak life into the lives of others. To tell the one who wants to give up You can do it, or It's going to be alright. I guess I want to bring enough encouragement to others that I would be accused of being a Tree of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment