Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Unafraid

"Who stood up for me against the wicked? Who took my side against evil workers? If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling," your love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up." Psalm 96:16-19 (The Message)


     If we knew how much God loved us we'd be embolden to do greater things in this world, because fear wouldn't prevent us from launching into the unknown. I wish I always remembered this, but sadly there are times my humanity forgets and I start taking on more challenges than I'm capable of handling.


      Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30, "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." His call to us is rather simple and yet so inviting. 


       In order to live the most fulfilling life we must first learn to give Him all our burdens. This will be the catalyst in enabling us to live unafraid, because we are supremely confident in His ability to handle everything for us (even the unknown), and most importantly give us rest in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment