Thursday, August 18, 2011

Prayer

“This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”-Jeremiah 33:2-3

      Man... how terrible does desperation feel. When it seems like the answers to life's many problems are few, and at times the intense pressure of life is so great that its hard to even breathe. What do we do? We can't come up with the answer because we don't have it, we were never meant to have it, it was all leading us to one purpose...to pray.

       When you pray you release a part of you that you weren't meant to hold on to. Paul a man whose life was filled with moments of desperation cited this to describe his reaction to moments of anguish. "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

        Power in weakness? Boast in weakness? Delight in weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions difficulties? Strength? This certainly isn't a solution the world would suggest we choose, but it is the best solution available to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment