Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Help


"I will lift up my eyes to the hills [around Jerusalem, to sacred Mount Zion and Mount Moriah]—From whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 (AMP)
      A few years ago the Brooklyn tabernacle choir released this Psalm in a song and it sounded majestic. I remember being in college listening to this song trying to figure out how I was going to make it through with 2 jobs and a heavy school schedule to fulfill. 
     I remember feeling the weight of my problems all on my shoulders. Suddenly, I felt the Holy Spirit speak to me when meditating on this Psalm as he told me..."Where are you looking for your help?" Instantly I recognized that in my frailty I was trying to figure out something that really wasn't my responsibility to figure out. My responsibility was to look up for my help. 
     Long story short, as I focused on this Psalm through the years it has always been a calibration check if you will for what am I focusing on. Am I focusing on the problem? Being that the very same problem is something I may not in my own physical ability even figure out. Or, am I focusing on the one who could always fix my problems? The one who always helps me in my times of greatest need. Don't for one moment let your circumstances determine your faith. Resolve what you will believe in first and no matter what hold on to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment